Oct 21, 2010

Candy Cane Mouse


I know this idea isn't new...when my kids were little we would make these out of felt to hang on the Christmas tree...For this version I used a template to draw an oval and when I cut it out i trimmed one end to make it a bit pointier. Her ears are made with the butterfly punch, the nose is a 1/4 inch circle with some stands of linen thread for whiskers.I used the 1/4 inch circle to punch the hole to thread the candy cane...it was a tight fit so I snipped it a little bit to make the hole a smidge bigger.
It's finished off ribbon and a Jewellery tag. I think I will make these for my grand daughter to give to her mates at Christmas time..

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Bev. Looking forward to seeing what gorgeous things you have for the blog hop tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment!