Oct 6, 2010

Priceless bookmark

I am always trying to think of simple little "bonus" projects I can include in my stamp classes..one of my regular class ladies suggested a magnetic bookmark...cool!
This is a great way to use up those skinny scraps! This one measures 1 1/2 inches x 11...(do you do that??sometimes I work in inches, sometimes I work in cm...my dodgey eyes see better in inches lol...). Just fold in half, stamp the front and pierce around the edges

On the inside I have used sticky strip to attach some strips of rubber magnet to the bottom of the front and back..I have personally test driven this one and it's the best bookmark I have ever had because the magnets keep it firmly in place...even if you drop your book! I found a roll of the magnet at the junk shop for a dollar but you could always cut up those advertising magnets you get for free in your letterbox.

This next card isn't mine but made by kerry who is one of my regular class ladies...I thought it was so clever the way she used the tree from Pendant Park for peacock feathers. The body is the pheasant stamp from..err..name escapes me but it's in the current catalogue...she just chopped off his tail...way to go Kerry, very innovative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment!