Apr 14, 2011

Brayered Motorcycle Card


I had another go at brayering yesterday...I need to practice, practice, practice because I just can't get it to look right...this is the motorcylce stamp which is in the new aussie mini catalogue...First I brayered the background with So Saffron at the top and Always Artichoke along the bottom. Then I made a large circle mask and sponged around it with Peach Parfait. I tore some paper and rebrayered the bottom with Early Expresso. The motorbike was stamped with Versamark and embossed with black powder. I highlighted the chrome with a white gel pen. I added the bliss stamp in the top corner...buggared that up , it should have been higher.

I coloured the mudguards with a More Mustard marker, added some white gel pen accents and gave it a coat of crystal effects. I guess it's ok...Before I made this one I had a go at casing one of Sharon Field's cards but it looked nothing like hers! That's when I decided I was better off just trying to come up with my own simple design. One day I vow to get the hang of this lol...How about you, have you had a go at brayering yet?

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Stunning. Im not so good with the brayering either but you have tempted me to have another go. I have this stamp too! lol. Looks like I might be casing it Bev. Ive cased one of your cards already. Many thanks.;) Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment!